Re: unblock: webkit2gtk/2.16.3-2

On 2017-06-01 22:29, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@ubuntu.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Moritz Mühlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
You're best technical bet would be to upgrade to new webkit releases in
stretch point releases, this would allow proper binNMUs and allow
people to testdrive via s-p-u. But that's up for the SRMs to
decide (and I doubt they want to deal with that kind of API
"stability" either).

That sounds like a good way to start.

I want webkit2gtk 2.16.3 in Debian 9.0. Does it just need a regular unblock bug?

unblock bug filed: https://bugs.debian.org/863915

"the current proposal [2] is to use Debian's s-p-u procedures and get these updates into Debian point releases"

I don't believe that's actually what Moritz said.

Regards,

Adam