Re: Too many Recommends (in particular on mail-transport-agent)

On Wed 31/May/2017 23:28:58 +0200 Vincent Danjean wrote:
> Le 31/05/2017 à 09:51, Simon McVittie a écrit :
>> On Wed, 31 May 2017 at 00:20:18 +0000, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
>>> AFAIK, mdadm's default (and maybe only supported, without some custom
>>> scripting) way to report a degraded array is email.
>>
>> Can't it report this via the system log? (syslog, systemd-journald)
>
> mdadm reported events are usually critical ones.
> [...]
>
> mails from mdadm are really an very important feature for me.

It is enough to have an email client.  Of course, an SMTP server, which also
provides relaying through a local mail queue, provides client capabilities as a
bonus.  Yet, a simpler command-line SMTP client, e.g. msmtp, can be configured
more easily than a full-blown MTA.

Ale