Re: Too many Recommends (in particular on mail-transport-agent)

AFAIK, mdadm's default (and maybe only supported, without some custom scripting) way to report a degraded array is email. That's definitely an important feature as not noticing a degraded array will result in complete data loss (well, or at least restore from backup).

OTOH, seems weird for Dracut to recommend mdadm. Surely a system booting from RAID would already have it installed?