Re: Forward porting a package

On Tue, 2017-05-09 at 19:41 +0000, Boylan, Ross wrote:
> I am trying to build db4.2 in jessie, although the package is from
> wheezy.  I only need db4.2-util.  I got the source and modified
> changed tcl8.4 to tcl8.6 in rules and control.  But the build
> (invoked with dpkg-buildpackage) fails while running configure with
> checking size of char *... 0
> checking for off_t... no
> configure: error: No off_t type.
> debian/rules:64: recipe for target 'build' failed
> make: *** [build] Error 1

There's apparently something very wrong with the test code that
autoconf is trying to compile.

[...]
> Any suggestions?  Would rerunning autoconf be likely to help?
[...]

Something like that.  You might need to use autoreconf, or
./autogen.sh, rather than invoking autoconf directly.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I'm not a reverse psychological virus.  Please don't copy me into your