Re: Machine Parsable Release Information Specification

On Fri, 05 May 2017, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> I am sending this mail to the development list of the distributions
> CentOS, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE and Ubuntu. I am working for
> ProfitBricks and we provide public images in our cloud for these
> distributions.
>
> Currently I know no way to retrieve the release information about
> new/updated ISO and disk images in a machine parsable and secure way.
> Instead I have to visit the websites and collect the information
> manually.
>
> My idea is to create a (simple) image release information specification
> and let every distribution provide one release file which accessible
> via https or gpg signed. I created an initial draft of the spec:
> https://github.com/bdrung/image-release-spec
>
> Your thoughts? Does it make sense? Is the information already provided
> somewhere else?

Attempting to preempt the creation of a Massive Cross-post Thread from
Hell...

PLEASE open an issue or pull request at the above mentioned github
project to discuss and suggests changes to that specification, instead
of doing it over four *very large* mailing lists.

Thank you ;-)

PS: I am reading said spec right now.  If I have any comments, I will
either register an issue, or submit a pull request with proposed
changes...

--
  Henrique Holschuh