Re: policy for shipping sysctl.d snippets in packages?

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 08:03:13AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:18:54 +0200, Wouter Verhelst
> <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> >I didn't say RPM *doesn't* deal with changed files; I said ours deals
> >with it better. I stand by that.
>
> Given that dpkg's conffile handling still has much headroom for
> improvement, this is a rather sad statement for the rpm half of the
> world.

Well, yes. I know why I'm involved with Debian, not Fedora ;-)

(to be fair, there's loads of other reasons besides just "better
conffile handling", but that's a different matter)

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,