Re: What's a safe way to have extensions in chromium in Debian?

Am Montag, 10. April 2017, 01:58:29 CEST schrieb Andrey Rahmatullin:
> On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 08:28:38AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > could anyone please give me some insight, was the security problems
> > are here exactly ?
>
> Extension auto-updating is considered "phoning home".

At least ublock origin is available as Debian package for Chromium (as well as
Firefox) meanwhile. But in experimental only. And it appears to be the only
extension for Chromium packaged in Debian currently.

With Firefox I mostly try to stick with extensions packaged in Debian, but I
do add some from addons.mozilla.org like Privacy Settings, Video
Downloadhelper and CanvasBlocker.

Thanks,
--
Martin