Re: Fwd: can anyone review diaspora-installer?

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 11:17:26AM +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> Current version in unstable does not have any RC bugs,

*filed*, as this very thread shows. It *has* RC bugs.

oh, and you seem to miss #856720 which is a open RC bug.

> Losing diaspora-installer after putting years long effort would be very
> demotivating.

being in a freeze and seing 5-6 uploads trying to get the package in
shape while introducing more RC bugs doing so is also very demotivating for
the release team, who's job it is not, to teach you good packaging,.

Really, this "userdel -r diaspora" pointed out in the first reply
to this thread is again, horrible. Granted, it's not as bad as #858521
(which you *introduced* during freeze…) but: imagine your username aint
pirate but diaspora and you try out this package and purge it…

Finally, as Lars pointed out, running /usr/lib/diaspora-common/scripts/diaspora-download.sh
in postinst is both horrible from a security point of view, plus it's a
policy violation, so that's two more RC bugs.

I'm sorry for all the work you put into this, but I'm absolutly *thankful*
to the release team for kicking this package out of Stretch.

--
cheers,
	Holger