Re: Looking for new Debian maintainers for courier-mta packages

Hi,

it's certainly a bit late, but I'd like to adopt the courier mta
packages, as stated in the wnpp bugs. (Stumbled over this old mail only
today.)

On 12/06/2016 03:04 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> I have filled RFH (Request for Help) bug on courier package, but nobody
> responded so far. Today I have changed that to RFA (Request for
> Adoption) and I intend to properly orphan the packages before stretch
> release and remove them from next Debian stable release. Well, unless
> somebody comes up and makes a hard promise to take care of all Courier
> MTA till Debian stretch (next stable) end-of-life and becomes
> maintainers.

Well, that's hard to promise, but I'll try to get courier ready for
stretch, in the first place. If that effort isn't successful, it should
better be dropped from stretch.

> Please note that the bug list on src:courier is rather long:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=courier
> (143 filled bugs) and it will need some time to comb through the list,
> close the non-issues, fix the Debian related bugs and forward the
> appropriate bugs to upstream. I would suggest it might be better this
> would be a team effort.

While I'm a long-time courier user and DD, I clearly don't qualify as a
team. I'd certainly appreciate help and would instantly hand over
maintenance to one.

Kind Regards

Markus Wanner