Re: Looking for new maintainer(s) for net-snmp

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:55 PM Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
the net-snmp source package is looking for a new maintainer:

I didn't see anyone reply except for someone saying they could help.  As I seem to gather orphans for some reason I'll put my hand up to maintain this; welcome to the seeS orphanage net-snmp! You'll be joining other ex-orphans such as procps, psmisc and wordpress (but we don't talk about lprng which got kicked out). I've had a love/hate relationship (is there any other sort with snmp)  with snmp the protocol for over 20 years and have poked around the code before.

Looks like the package has missed a few transitions (ssl and mysql seem the obvious two) and needs some love. No disrespect to the previous maintainers, I have been in the exact same place with other packages and know how it is.

If you're thinking you'd like to help I certainly can do the team maintainer thing, just let me know where you're looking at. It's all in git now so it's reasonably simple to keep things in-line. I got upload privileges so don't need an uploader but if the older maintainers of net-snmp want to lend a hand from time to time, that would be great.

So, uh, let me fix wordpress jessie first!

 - Craig

--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://dropbear.xyz/     csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org