Re: Non-free RFCs in stretch

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 02:48:59PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I have a suggestion for how this could be done.
>
> We give each reason-why-a-package-might-be-nonfree-or-contrib
> a name in the package namespace.  I'm going to call these packages
> antimetapackages.
>
> Each package in non-free or contrib must Recommend all the
> antimetapackages which apply.

Why Recommend rather than Depend?  The latter would allow a hard conflict
with everything with a specific kind of badness, which seems exactly like
the thing people here are looking for.

Thus, if I want for example to be free of AGPL (which for some reason is
allowed in main despite being neither Four Freedoms nor DFSG free), I ban
nonfree-agpl and there's no way it can sneak back in.

--
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁