Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

On 01/04/2017 06:30 AM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> But I am not sure if a package structure like
>
> mypkg/upstream/*
> mypkg/debian/*
> mypkg/patches/* (?)
>
> would have any *practical* benefits over the current situation

It would have the huge benefit that upstream .git* files would stay in
the upstream folder, and wouldn't conflict. I had for example issues
with conflicting .gitreview files when using Gerrit for the Debian
packaging.

I don't see however any advantage of moving the patches folder outside
of the debian folder.

> because
> this transformation could be trivially automated in either direction.

Would you mind explaining who and how it would be automated?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)