Personal Git repositories on Alioth (was: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!)

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> […] for future reference, this is ridiculously easy for anyone who's a
> Debian Developer or otherwise has an account on alioth:
>
> ssh to git.debian.org, and run:
>
> mkdir -p public_git/repo.git
> cd public_git/repo.git
> git init --bare
>
> log out again; then, in your local repository, run:
>
> git remote add --mirror debian git.debian.org:public_git/repo.git
> git push debian
>
> you're done.

Thank you.

Does the resulting repository automatically get published on Alioth,
managed by ‘cgit’ at a ‘anonscm.debian.org’ URL?

I'd like to be able to use the resulting URL in the “VCS-Git” field of
the package.

--
 \          “The entertainment industry calls DRM "security" software, |
  `\         because it makes them secure from their customers.” —Cory |