Re: Git hosting for code that provides Debian services

On Jan 30 2017, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
> I personally don't find "open core" projects to be fully free
> software, even if they follow current DFSG, OSI, and FSF criteria.

This strikes me as a little odd, though. So if the company that sells
the "closed shell" goes bust, would that turn the remaining core into
free software for you?

Or, to put it differently, is an orphaned project with no maintainer to
accept patches preferable to a project with an active maintainer who
rejects some useful patches (because he wants to sell them), but accepts
others?

Curious,
-Nikolaus