New user willing to help with Wayland WM packages

Hi,

I am not a DD yet, but I am looking to offer any help I can, even with documentation, and I'm willing to look out for people who are willing to push forward with getting more Wayland-specific or Wayland-compatible packages into Debian in general. Mainly I want to focus on packaging Wayland tiling window managers, starting with...

Sway: https://github.com/SirCmpwn/sway
Orbment: https://github.com/Cloudef/orbment
And the WLC library: https://github.com/Cloudef/wlc

I'm a Debian Sid user as well, and I could package for unstable, but I could also help with stable in the future. I really want some good TWMs available on Debian, but all of them seem to be X11 only.

I've been wanting to do this for a couple months now, but have had a hard time. Trying to reach out on OFTC IRC,  but it hasn't done me any good, and learning how to use Debian's tools for properly building and packaging these according to Debian's way seems to be a little too complex for me to understand right now. I'd like some help, or I'd like to ask if anyone could possibly help me to figure out how to build WLC (possibly under the name libwlc) and Sway for Debian, firstly.

- Riley