Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

 ❦  2 janvier 2017 00:57 -0800, Josh Triplett <josh@joshtriplett.org> :

> I don't want the source format to care about details like those.  If
> people want to use quilt to manage a patch series within their packages,
> they can do so, but the source format shouldn't care about that.  The
> source format should not attempt to specify or interact in any way with
> patching or version control.

For me, this is a great improvement over the previous format with
several different patching systems (quilt, dpatch, nothing,
custom). Now, most packages are using quilt, one less thing to
understand.

IMO, we still have too much diversity in how we handle version control
for packages.
--
Use self-identifying input.  Allow defaults.  Echo both on output.