Re: auto-removal and alternative dependencies

Hi!

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> wrote:
> On 08/12/16 13:02, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> I have two packages that depend on: nagios3 | icinga
>>
>> nagios3 is being removed[1], but icinga[2] is still available, so why
>> can't my packages continue to list nagios3 as a possible dependency for
>> the convenience of those people who continue to use it?
>
> I would need to check the code, but the auto-remover probably checks the first
> dependency and ignores the rest (just like e.g. wanna-build and britney). So you
> could just swap them and make that: icinga | nagios3.

Looks like there's another consequence of this: libtk-img and itk3 are
now marked
for autoremoval from stretch because they depend on the virtual package libtk
which is provided by libtk8.4, libtk8.5 and libtk8.6, and likely only
the first dependency
in lexicographic order is checked.

Should I report a bug? Where?

Cheers!