Re: Continuous integration for Debian packages

Andrey ``Bass'' Shcheglov writes ("Re: Continuous integration for Debian packages"):
> On 21.12.2016 16:40, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> > It's not clear what does "build binary packages from the official Debian
> > distribution" mean. Do you want to rebuild source packages downloaded from
> > the archive?
>
> Yes, exactly.

Warning, plug follows:

Depending what you are doing, you may prefer to get the sources using
dgit rather than by working with source packages.  dgit gives you a
fast forwarding git branch, which you can use with dpkg-buildpackage
-b (for example).

dgit-user(7), and the other dgit manpages, may be useful. [1]

dgit is not formally available in backports (yet), but the dgit.deb
from unstable is directly installable and useable back to at least
stretch.

Regards,
Ian.

[1] those manpages: