Re: depending on libssl1.0-dev, buildd fails to find it

Hi,

Quoting James McCoy (2016-12-18 16:04:47)
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 02:26:09PM +0100, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> > Hi,

> >     Well, sbuild's man page documents that the aptitude resolver will check
> >     alternatives. If it doesn't in practice, that sounds like a bug.
> >

> > you need to run sbuild with "--resolve-alternatives" or add same option in
> > sbuildrc. Imho bug in manpage.
>
> Quoth the man page:
>
>     --build-dep-resolver=resolver
>            … The aptitude resolver is very similar, but smarter and
>            slower, and it will consider all alternatives by default; it
>            is  suited to more complex situations, such as building
>            packages for the experimental distribution, where packages
>            need installing from multiple suites (unstable and
>            experimental). …
>
>     --resolve-alternatives
>            Allow the use of alternatives in Build-Depends,
>            Build-Depends-Arch and Build-Depends-Indep.  This is the
>            default for the aptitude dependency resolver.
>
> so there shouldn't be a need to use --resolve-alternatives with
> --build-dep-resolver=aptitude.

oh, that's interesting. I actually wasn't aware of that (I barely use the
aptitude resolver).

Do you think it makes sense for the RESOLVE_ALTERNATIVES configuration value to
be different from the default for the aptitude resolver? Somehow I find this
rather unexpected.

If yes, then RESOLVE_ALTERNATIVES should be set to "true" for the aspcud
resolver as well...

Thanks!

cheers, josch