Re: armel after Stretch (was: Summary of the ARM ports BoF at DC16)

[CC Vagrant, u-boot pkg maintainer]

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Christoph Biedl
<debian.axhn@manchmal.in-ulm.de> wrote:
> Paul Wise wrote...
>>
>> Is it possible to put a bootloader like u-boot in the flash partitions
>> and have it load the Linux kernel and initrd from elsewhere?
>
> That how I've been running my Dockstars through all the years. As as
> far as I know this worked with the Debian kernels as well (I use my
> own kernels for reasons).

If I understand correctly, it means boot like:
  u-boot shipped by original vendor => self built u-boot => kernel
(Debian's or your own customized one)

I'm very interesting to this idea.
Is there any manual or blog post I can take reference?

Thank you!
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1