Re: contacting all bug reporters for a package?

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:26:52AM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:11:27 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
> > Is there any easy way to contact everybody who made a bug report against
> > a package and ask them to check if the latest upload fixes it?  Or is
> > there any script for maintainers to do this?
>
> I'm not sure this is a good idea ...

Me neither, although I suppose it's no worse than being manually pinged, which
happens quite often for me (often for 10+ year old bugs)

In this case, the bug I'd filed against nfs-utils had indeed been fixed at some
point, so it worked out worthwhile I suppose!

In related news, I was surprised to receive 7 copies of a 1M control@b.d.o
email recently.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.