Re: Re: Does or will Debian support NVDIMM?

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Qi Zhang wrote:

> Can I understand it as once Debian has package ndctl, NVDIMM will be fully
> supported?

It sounds like it, but probably someone who owns NVDIMM hardware will
need to test everything works.

> BTW, do you know when bug #829257 will be resolved? Which Debian release can
> I expect that will contain this package?

Bug has "RFP" in the title, which means "Request For Package", which
means that no-one is working on packaging it and that it is requested
that someone package it. If you would like to package ndctl, please
read this page for info on how to get involved:

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

The steps approximately:

Retitle bug #829257 from, RFP to ITP and set yourself to the owner of it.

Make a package of ndctl.

Upload the package to mentors.d.n

File a request for sponsor (RFS) bug report.

Wait for someone to sponsor the package.

Wait for the package to be approved.

If you can do these steps before December 25th there is a chance it
will be in Debian stretch, otherwise it will wait for Debian buster.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise