Re: Auto-detecting -dev package dependences from pkg-config

Hello Josh Triplett,

Manually handling the dependencies of -dev packages often leads to
mistakes. Automating this similar to how you describe has multiple times
surfaced where I'm involved (and I guess also in other places).
Unfortunately noone has volunteered to actually implement it. Thanks for
your interest in doing so! Please announce your progress so we can
test if your work is generic enough for more people to use and possibly
give you some other feedback.
Please try to make everything as automated as possible (and able to
override when needed for bonus points, but I guess that could possibly
also be handled separately outside the substvar).

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson