Re: armel after Stretch (was: Summary of the ARM ports BoF at DC16)

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 23:12:20 +0100, Christoph Biedl
<debian.axhn@manchmal.in-ulm.de> wrote:
>Locale generation needs a lot of RAM. You can work around it by
>installing locales-all which however takes long time to install on
>slow flash drives. Or disable locales entirely. Err.

Or build a locale-local package that only contains the locales you
want. Does the locales package by any chance offer infrastructure to
do that (like a build-locale-deb command, maybe)?

And, while we're at it, how is "locale" pronounced? I have a native
speaker in my filter bubble who claims that it's short for "local
environment" and therefore pronounced "local e", but that sounds wrong
for me. Is the example pronouncement given on
http://dict.leo.org/dictQuery/m-vocab/ende/de.html?searchLoc=0&lp=ende&lang=de&directN=0&rmWords=off&search=locale&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on
correct even in AmE?

Greetings
Marc