Re: Release impact of introducing a new archive section?

Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 03:05:21PM -0800, Josh Triplett wrote:
> > If anyone has any objections to the creation of the two sections "rust"
> > and "javascript", please speak up now, as I plan to start writing
> > patches for various tools to recognize these sections.
>
> while at it, please also add a section for golang package, we have over
> 500 in the archive already:

I don't see any bug filed on ftp.debian.org requesting such a section.
Could you please do so, with a short and long description of the new
section?  (You should also get an ack from an ftpmaster.)

I don't have any objection to adding such a section, but I'm already
halfway through the patches to add the "rust" and "javascript" sections.

The following might work as a description for such a section; feel free
to copyedit:

Go programming language, libraries, and development tools

Packages in the "golang" section provide implementations of the Go
programming language, development tools for Go, and many third-party Go
libraries.