Re: auto-removal and alternative dependencies

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 01:02:20PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I have two packages that depend on: nagios3 | icinga
>
> nagios3 is being removed[1], but icinga[2] is still available, so why
> can't my packages continue to list nagios3 as a possible dependency for
> the convenience of those people who continue to use it?
"the packages in main

must not require or recommend a package outside of main for compilation or
execution (thus, the package must not declare a "Pre-Depends", "Depends",
"Recommends", "Build-Depends", or "Build-Depends-Indep" relationship on a
non-main package)"

--
WBR, wRAR