Re: MIA maintainers and RC-buggy packages

On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 12:23:17PM +0100, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> I would suggest to come up with some algorithm to determine if a package is
> effectively unmaintained, and implement it in an automatic way that gives
> maintainers prior notice and a chance to react, like we do with auto-removals.
> Then if nothing happens in a reasonable time frame, the package gets orphaned.

Yes, totally agree.  That's what I was trying to say, sorry if I didn't
convey it properly.
But I'm very conservative in trying to avoing disputes and flames, and
I'd like to come up with an algorithm good for everyone, that covers as
many cases as possible.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo