Re: NRSS has been deprecated [#696302]

Adam Borowski writes ("Re: NRSS has been deprecated [#696302]"):
> On Wed, Nov 09, 2016 at 11:24:37PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > What you are suggesting is a proper process for handling all source
> > removals, instead of the current practice where the maintainer can
> > just submit an "RM: dasher" and a few hours later the package is gone?
>
> Not all removals, merely those when the situation is not obvious.

I think this is a good idea.  We should have a concept of an ITR bug.

Of course people may disagree about what's "obvious" but there are
plenty of cases where an ITR bug would be pointless makework.  For
example, obsolete transitional source packages (of which we may have
some), or source packages whose contents have been subsumed into
another source pacakge as part of a reorganisation.

The two obvious large exception classes "we are pretty sure no-one
will mind this removal" and "this is part of a larger activity where
the maintainer has provided visbility of their intentions by other
means".

Ian.