Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 10:49:30AM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On jueves, 3 de noviembre de 2016 12:34:23 P. M. ART Tino Mettler wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 14:02:52 -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
> > wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Today we the Qt/KDE team were hit but this same thing in the middle of our
> > > transition: libpq-dev pulls in libssl-dev which makes Qt5 FTBFS.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > libqt staying at OpenSSL 1.0 means all binaries linking against libqt
> > need to stay at OpenSSL 1.0. Is this correct?
>
> To the best of my knowledge yes, because Qt dllopens it and thus doesn't
> resolves symbols versions.
>
> Note that this is valid for both Qt4 and Qt5.

You could enforce that no Qt-using package uses the wrong OpenSSL by
adding libssl1.0-dev dependencies to libqt4-dev and qtbase5-dev.

After that, trying to compile any Qt-using package with the wrong
OpenSSL should fail due to unsatisfiable build dependencies.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed