Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> until your mail I wasn't aware that Puppet is also split into a free
> and a commercial version…

The Puppet in "Puppet Enterprise" is the same code as in the open source
version.

A Puppet Enterprise installation consists of additional omnibus-type
packaging (puppet plus all dependencies installed in /opt/puppetlabs)
for the agent, a similar installer for the master, plus configuration of
mcollective and ActiveMQ, a Web application called the "Enterprise
Console", as well as professional support.

As far as I remember, only the "Enterprise Console" is non-free
software.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen