Re: gitlab package (was Re: Opt out style recommends)

On 2016, ഏപ്രിൽ 11 1:35:39 PM IST, "IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU)" <umlaeute@debian.org> wrote:
>Isn't it how every other service doing it?
>
>yes sure.
>
>but if i install other web-services (e.g. php-horde) they don't bother
>me with setting up an enrypted webservice.
>the only reasonable package that should suggest ways of encrypting
>seems
>to be the webserver (apache2, nginx,...)

I think php-horde was packaged before Snowden revelations and letsencrypt.

1.Most people in the world including myself thought encryption was an optional thing two years back.

2.automating ssl was not possible before letsencrypt. Now you just need to click/press yes button to get an encrypted service running.

And for those who do not want it, the default is 'no' for both ssl and letsencrypt.

It would be a good time to add letsencrypt support to php-horde and every other service dealing with sensitive data like passwords.