Re: golang naming scheme

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 04:28:56PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:

>> If I understand correctly, the URL of a Go package is ABI.

> OMG. URLs never change. All people have a middle name which can be
> encoded in UTF-8.

> Thanks for explaining.

That's one of the reasons why so many people use github, since that URL is
less likely to change.

One interesting detail of this approach is that it means that a takeover
of the package by a different maintainer results in a different package
name inherently.  I'm not sure whether it's a feature or a bug, but it's
certainly interesting.