Re: -flto to become more of a routine - any change in opinion since 2011?

* Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de>, 2016-03-29, 16:27:
I admit to be a fan of link time optimisation and would like to see this challenge promoted towards more of a routine challenge to establish for our packages.

gcc-5 manpage says: "Link-time optimization does not work well with generation of debugging information. Combining -flto with -g is currently experimental and expected to produce unexpected results."

Um... Automatic debug packages or LTO, choose one?

--
Jakub Wilk