Re: -flto to become more of a routine - any change in opinion since 2011?

On Mar 29, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:

> Spending most of my Debian time with scientific packages, I see a gain
> of speed on those routines as particularly rewarding. And this may also
> be a feature that would attract many to our platform as an extra
> advantage over the regular self-built or downloaded binary.
>
> Opinions?
Until there will be a consensus to have dpkg enable by default the LTO
build flags I think that it is quite resonable that the maintainers of
packages which strongly benefit from it will selectively enable it as
appropriate.

--
ciao,
Marco