Re: Package openBVE requires a new maintainer

Hi,

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 14:44 +0000, Christopher Lees wrote:
> I hope this is the correct place to try and get into touch with someone.
>
> I appear to have become the current upstream coder for the package openBVE:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=openbve
> My Github repository is here:
> http://github.com/leezer3/OpenBVE/
>
> This was abandoned by the original developer in ~2007 or so, and
> unfortunately the version in the Debian repositories is broken on anything
> above Wheezy.

I had a go with the version in unstable using some routes I found and
things seem to work ok. What exactly is broken?

> Whilst I'm not sure I'd currently consider my much updated version ready
> for Debian itself, I would like to get into touch with someone who could
> potentially adopt the maintainership of the current package, and fix the
> current breaking issues with it.
>
> When that's done, discussion could be had about what is required, and guide
> me through the process of getting a version of my builds into the
> repositories.
>
> I have tried mailing the current maintainer- Paul Sladen, but whilst I've
> had two replies promising he'll get back to me, I've had nothing more.
> Whilst I have no experience in Debian packaging, I'm happy to work with
> someone to get this situation sorted out.

Did you contact the Debian CLI Applications Team, the team listed in
the maintainer field of the package as well?
pkg-cli-apps-team@lists.alioth.debian.org

How long ago were those replies? The package was last updated in
January this year so it doesn't seem unmaintained.

James