Re: a poll for Dgit workflows

On March 19, 2016 8:27:43 AM PDT, Daniel Stender <stender@debian.org> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>dealing with Dgit beyond a "simple" workflow (clone/fetch - make
>changes - dgit push) I
>wanted to poll for workflows towards new upstream tarballs and,
>connected to that, the
>treatment of patches.

  My work flow is probably not what you are looking for, but here goes. I have adopted dgit into my usual vcs based model. There is an development branch that tracks upstream development. Based on that there is upstream, that occasionally also imports tarballs, which have artifacts not in upstream git at times. I use pristine tar to reproduce the tarballs.

For each feature or fix that I carry, there is a feature branch based off the upstream branch, so I can feed changes back.

All these branches are merged into the matter branch. Dgit/Sid is identical to master.

git co development
git pull
git co upstream
git merge -S development
git import-tar-pristine
git co master
git merge -S upstream
git merge -S some-fix-branch
edit debian/changelog
git ci -S -S
git co dgit/sid
git merge -S --ff-only master
gitpkg HEAD
Test
dgit push

  I use gitpkg to build on a KVM or remote virtual machine. Source format 1.0 means this is pure git schema, no serialized patches.

   Manoj