Re: Fixing dependency resolution of britney (was: Re: The state of cross building)

On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 23:07 +0100, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> My question is: why does it not just use dose3 just as the buildds
> are doing it?

How old is the dose codebase? The changelog.gz in the current Debian
package only goes back to 2012, which is more than a decade after
britney was originally written.

> So, in case I am not missing something really obvious here, could you make it
> easier for users to find the code generating the pages they can find on
> release.debian.org? I think it would be nice if all Debian web services had
> such a link to the code that creates them at the bottom. This would show how
> much we value to be open and would maybe even attract more contributors.

If you want people to do something, it's generally better to ask them,
not assume that they happen to be reading debian-devel.

> I tried to find where the source code lives but I have a hard
> time finding it.

The front page of release.debian.org has an "our tools" link which leads
to https://release.debian.org/tools.html , which in turn has a link to
an alioth mirror of the britney1 and britney2 source repositories.
That's not _that_ undiscoverable, imho.

Regards,

Adam