Re: Migration despite an RC bug?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote...
>
> > Unforunately, the BTS exported a broken/incomplete RC bug list, and britney used
> > that and didn't see that some packages had an RC bug, so it allowed them to migrate.
>
> Ouch, that's quite a nightmare. While I'm curious to learn how this
> happened and what is done to prevent this from happening again -

I'm still not quite sure how the script was failing. The outer shell
invocation which calls a perl script to do the versioning database
update is run with set -e, and the perl script should exit with non-zero
if it fails to work properly. However, it appears that when buxtehude is
restarted, the perl script is killed before the outer bash script
completes but the exit state isn't properly handled?

I've fixed this by making the perl script do all of the logic which was
in the bash script originally so if it fails, it should at least do so
gracefully.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

He was wrong. Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them
neatly away so that they don't upset people. Nature, in fact, abhors a
lot of things, including vacuums, ships called the Marie Celeste, and
the chuck keys for electric drills.
 -- Terry Pratchet _Pyramids_ p166