Re: Can we kill net-tools, please?

> In my opinion ip provides all the things you are mentioning - what are
> you missing? with -o as option the output is rather easy to parse.

OK then, I'll bite.  I just got my `ip -o addr show' on my laptop to
produce, amongst other things, this output:

 10: secondary    inet 10.2.3.4/32 scope global secondary\ valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
 11: home    inet 10.4.5.6/32 scope global home home\       valid_lft
 forever preferred_lft forever

How is a parser supposed to know which of these words are what ?

Ian.