Re: Thanks to ftpmasters for being so responsive

Hi Thomas and Ian,

thanks a lot for your kind words.

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016, Thomas Goirand wrote:

However, after the deep freeze, we saw the queue getting bigger and
bigger. The graph for Jessie shows up to 600+ packages in the queue.

For good reasons the Release Team does not want to have packages (especially libs) with higher versions in unstable than in testing. But as everybody still uploads everything to testing, the list of packages that are not processable increases. At some point it is no longer fun to wade through that list in search of stuff to process. So processing almost stops completely.

This was problematic for me. (upstream) Development doesn't stop when
then next stable freeze.

If everybody agrees that
 - new versions of packages shall be only uploaded to experimental
 - uploads to testing will only be done on request of the RT or with
   really new packages
 - everything else can be rejected
processing would be much easier and the fun could go on.

   Thorsten