Re: Building architecture:all packages

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 07:39:44PM +0100, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> Adam Borowski wrote...
> > I see two problems in that code:
> > * it's Launchpad-specific
> > * it supports only a single build-indep architecture rather than a list
>
> Um, yes, perhaps, no. The important thing to me is there's already
> something around that solves a problem I have. Of course this header
> should see a formalization, and certainly this should be a list. I've
> filed #846970.

Looks great, thanks!

> > With my 3270font maintainer hat on: I wouldn't even know of this if not for
> > the reproducible builds project, despite doing lots of rebuilds on various
> > architectures (albeit not really for this package).  I guess there's a lot
> > of other arch-dependant failures for arch:all packages.
>
> Err, hi. I admit I deliberately did not notice you beforehand - mostly
> to keep you out of some hazzle you are not responsible for at all. Since
> however even the recent fontforge upgrade did not change the situation,
> I might ask you to include that header once the above process has come
> to a result.

Actually, I wonder if it's a good idea to differentiate somehow between
transient bugs and architectures the package is not supposed to build on.
Some kind of annotation?

As for finding currently failing packages, it's a matter of looking at
existing archive rebuild logs.

--
u-boot problems can be solved with the help of your old SCSI manuals, the
parts that deal with goat termination.  You need a black-handled knife, and