Re: Test instance of our infrastructure

Hi Ian,

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:04:17PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Should we not have public test instances of all these things ?

seems like a great idea, thanks for bringing this up! a few minor comments:

> I suggest we should declare (perhaps as a DEP?)

or a wiki page, at least at first…?

>  * Most of our services are addressed via domain names,
>    *.debian.org or *.debian.net.  Test instance of a service are
>    correspondingly at *.infratest.debian.{org,net}.

I'm not sure .debian.net should be included, probably those services
should be moved to .debian.org first?

>  I think it will be work at first but make a lot of things easier.

I agree. And even if we cannot agree (or do!) this as a project at
first, individual instances can do this now, already. eg, there *is*
http://jenkins-test-vm.debian.net:8080/ though there is none for
piuparts nor reproducible builds stuff… - patches welcome! ;-)

(and btw, jenkins.d.net is being moved slowly to .debian.org, see
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/qa/jenkins.debian.net.git/tree/TODO -
help much welcome!)

--
cheers,