Re: Difference in behaviour between pbuilder and sbuild

On 2016-11-28.12:06, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> [ disclaimer: pbuilder maintainer here - totally biased ]
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 09:52:39PM +1100, Scott Leggett wrote:
> > (inspired by a blog post[0]),
> >   [0] https://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/2016/11/25/build-tools.html
>
> I'll only say that 1) I fail to see where is this extrem complications
> in the toolchain the author is suggesting 2) neither use of sbuild nor
> pbuilder is mandatory to build packages

Hi Mattia,

No offence intended - I've used pbuilder for quite a while and was just
trying a different tool. :)

> You either have different build-deps installed that behaves differently,
> or you're actually building different source packages.  Or in pbuilder
> *you* (it's not done by pbuilder itself) are exporting DH_ALWAYS_EXCLUDE
> from somewhere and you're not doing it in sbuild.

You're right, thanks for the tip. I added DH_ALWAYS_EXCLUDE to my
~/.bashrc a long time ago and forgot about it. Removing it from my
~/.bashrc produces the same behaviour in pbuilder as in sbuild.

But that means that pbuilder is carrying my local environment over to
the build environment - so the build environment is no longer pristine.
Is that behaviour intentional?

--
Regards,
Scott.