Re: package builds crashing under fakeroot

On Tue, 2016-10-04 at 11:34 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Jakub Wilk, on Tue 04 Oct 2016 10:55:36 +0200, wrote:
> > * Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com>, 2016-10-04, 08:54:
> > > From memory I think this is due to usage of the default rule:
> > > %:
> > >         dh $@
> > >
> > > with no override_dh_auto_build and override_dh_auto_test rules.
> > > By default
> > > the tests are run under fakeroot,
> >
> > No, they're not.
>
> Err, I've seen them do. This actually triggered fixing some fakeroot
> bugs on hurd-i386 due to various package suddenly failing to build
> after
> some debhelper upgrade (I don't remember which versione exactly),
> just
> because the testsuite was failing to run inside fakeroot.

Hi, found a package (unbound_1.5.10-2) that builds under the binary
target, skipping over the the build target. If the testsuite had been
run in debian/rules it definitely had been run under fakeroot. (Running
the testsuite manually, it fails on GNU/Linux x86_64 at:
testdata/autotrust_rollalgo.rpl failed)

BTW: This package cannot be compiled twice, the clean target removes
config.sub and config.guess files. Will file a separate bug for that.