Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh writes:
 > The linking is fine, I believe even any eventual globals (if any) will
 > be correctly handled in Debian nowadays.  What causes extremely nasty

Someone confirm following is true: both application using 1.1 and
library (qt in my example) using 1.0 both create encryption keys, both
first call function RAND_seed(..) then is the random pool properly
initialized for both versions of the library?? I haven't looked at
internals but his kind of random pool might be easily implemented as a
global shared object. Or a separate one. Initializing the correct one
could be tricky at run-time.

--
Antti