Multipath (SAN disk) support broken in jessie

Hi

I am trying to set up a automatic PXE install of jessie on physical servers connected to a SAN.
My problem is that multipath support seems to be very broken in jessie, and after fixing the first problems, I am now stuck, as the install seems to work but the server can not
find its root filesystem after reboot.

The first problem is that the multipath udeb is broken as described in bug #779579, the bug is closed, but the problem is actually not fixed, so I have opened a new bugreport
#843885 to see if we can get it fixed for real. Maybe it is fixed, but the fix has not been ported to the netboot images.

The second problem is in the disk-detect udeb, which can not find the multipath device that is found, the reason is a rename of mpath0-9 to mpatha-z, there is a bug report for that
#806713, and after that the parted-multipath also needs to be patched for the same.

Now the rest of the install seems to work fine, but after reboot, the server will not start, as it can not find its root, the problem may have to do with the naming of partitions
as in this bug report #827308, but does that mean that I will have to give up on getting jessie to install on multipath disks, and wait for stretch ?

Best regards
Allan Jacobsen