Re: Debian Installer Stretch Alpha 8 release

Am 14.11.2016 um 12:22 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:

> Please find two patches attached.
>
> I checked that the command below was failing with the current dpkg-dev
> and it did no longer fail with the updated one.
>
> $ sbuild -d sid --add-depends=usrmerge --chroot-setup-commands="sed -i 's#^/usr##;t;s#^/lib#/usr&#' /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf" dash
>
> I believe my patch to be correct and clean.
>
>> Err, well exactly because usemerge is a major hack, and I'm actually
>> surprised we are deploying systems by default with that. As an
>
> It's easier to push work upon others... to be honest the code (that I
> wrote) in dpkg-dev that tries to identifiy the canonical version of the
> library is also somewhat hackish.
>
> I think the updated code that I submitted works better in all weird
> corner cases that we could think of.
>
> I'm happy to assist you shall any regression be found.

That's great, thanks a lot Raphael!

I debugged this issue myself this evening and came up with a patch on my
own. Your's is nicer und more generic though. So I'm happy to scrap mine.

Just for the record: I can confirm it fixes the problem in dpkg-shlibdeps.

I've CCed the debootrap bug, so the debian-boot people are aware that a
fix for dpkg is available and a revert in debootstrap is not necessary.

Guillem, it would be great if you can upload a fixed dpkg soon.
Julien Cristau told me, that he didn't want to see this issue unresolved
for too long.

Thanks everyone involved in getting this resolved.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?