Re: Building architecture:all packages

Hi,

Quoting Colin Watson (2016-11-12 18:09:22)
> > * it supports only a single build-indep architecture rather than a list
>
> Not so; you have misread the code.  It is a list of architectures that
> architecture-independent binary packages can be on.
>
> > I propose the new field to be a list per the usual architecture syntax.
>
> Fortunately, since it already is, there is no need for a new field.

so, the field also supports architecture wildcards? So I can say:

    Build-Indep-Architecture: any

or:

    Build-Indep-Architecture: linux-any

And in an utopic feature, maybe even:

    Build-Indep-Architecture: any-gnu-any-any

(to build on any glibc based architecture)

I didn't read the launchpad code but only found four packages using the
Build-Indep-Architecture field in the Ubuntu Yakkety Sources file and all four
of them use either amd64 or i386 but no wildcards.

If the field doesn't support architecture wildcards, then I wouldn't call it "a
list per the usual architecture syntax".

Thanks!

cheers, josch