Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 06:47:28PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>  * it will be a different experience compared to what people will get
>    when installing Debian normally, using d-i / debootstrap. Most
>    (all?) of our desktop environments already have some automatic
>    notification of available updates, but (a) not everybody uses them;
>    and (b) that's not so useful on a remote server installation where
>    there's no desktop for the system to show a pop-up or similar.

Should Debian also default to automatically reboot?

If the answer is "no", then nothing is a solution that does not also
solve how to notify the user when a new security update of the kernel
was automatically installed on his remote server.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed