Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:

> I still think that a non-manual upgrade (i.e. an upgrade which has not
> been checked by a manual process, which means that a scripted upgrade is
> not part of it) should not be a default on any OS, but it seems I am the
> only one thinking like this...

we are at least in 2! while i may or may not care if there is an
obscure security fix in a perl module and that it's upgraded
automatically, i am pretty sure that on the machines i administer
professionally i never ever ever want to have mysql (to name one)
upgraded automatically.

I can see the benefit on a desktop machine, so as long as there is an
easy/non-cumbersome way to opt machines out of the autothing i have no
problem with it.

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/